Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Oh Brother, Where Art Thou?

So, I did say at the end of my last post that I had two important finishes to share...Well, I would if I had been a little less procrastinatey, however as of today, we are down to one sad sack boy:

The boys have loved their little sack boys (which is good, since they bugged me mercilessly to finish them), made them little clothes out of cut up tee shirts, and taken them everywhere with them. Hence, the incident of many tears...my five year old lost his sack boy at school today. A search party was sent out, but with no luck. The search will recommence tomorrow, but sack boy may be gone. The kindergarten teacher asked me to make more to put in the auction for the spring fair, so she could bid on them for her nice and nephew, so I may be starting a sack boy production line, with two for spring fair, and one for a sad little boy.

In other news, I finished an ice cream dress for my little one.

I was going through some of my patterns recently and realized that my copy of this only goes up to size four...eek! This little one is going to be four in the summer, and I bought this when she was one, I think. Must use patterns before they are outgrown! So I spent a weekend morning cutting two different versions of this dress out for her (she approved the fabric choices, of course), and sewed this one up yesterday afternoon. Just a couple of hours. Honestly, I think struggling with my loop turner for the button loop was the most challenging part. She dressed herself this morning, and I thought the cherry dress accompanied by rainbow leggings and monster socks was too cute! I guess you could describe her style as eclectic :)

That's all for now, thanks for visiting!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I really appreciate people taking the time to comment, and try to reply via email to everyone.